- 22 August, 2019
- By Joanna Cichuta
Do you feel like stress is stopping you from being 100% happy and be able to fully enjoy every day?
We all have stress — at work, at home, when we are driving. Sometimes we can feel especially stressed because of a bad interaction with someone, too much work, or everyday hassles like stuck in the queue, traffic or simply being late for a meeting or work.
Negative stress can keep you from feeling and performing your best — mentally, physically and emotionally. But we have stress on daily bases and no one’s life is completely stress-free. That is why it is so important to know how to manage the stress and leave it forever.
Top 10 Emergency Stress-Stoppers
Emergency stress stoppers are actions to help you remove stress in the moment. As you can see, there are different stress stoppers for different situations, and sometimes it helps a lot to use some of them together:
- Take a few deep breaths until you feel your body is more relaxed.
- Count to 10 before you speak or react.
- Go for a walk, even if it’s just across the room or to the restroom and back. It can help break the tension and give you a chance to think things through.
- Try a quick meditation even if is only 5min long, that is ok. Just stay calm and relax.
- You do not need to respond straight away. If it’s not urgent, respond tomorrow. This works especially well for stressful emails or when we are simply overloaded with those emails.
- If you can, walk away from the situation for sometime and handle it later once things have calmed down.
- Break down big problems into smaller parts. Take step by step, instead of trying to fix everything at once.
- Play some chill music or an inspirational podcast to help you deal with busy stressed day.
- Hug a loved one or do something to help someone else.
- Work out or do something active. Exercise helps a lot to release the stress in the whole body.